Volkswagen Bora how to reset OIL display message for cars made between the years 1998-1999.
To turn off OIL maintenance light follow the below procedure.
On the dashboard, you have two buttons one next to the tachometer clock and the other one next to the speedometer clock, we will call them buttons 1 and 2. See the below picture.
- Enter the car and close the doors.
- Push and hold Button 2.
- Turn ignition ON, without starting the engine, only until the LEDs are on.
- The message OIL will appear on the monitor.
- Release Button 2.
- Turn Button 1 clockwise until on the display will appear this symbol “- – – -“.
- Done, you have successfully reset the OIL service light.
This OIL maintenance message must be reset after changing the engine oil. If you want to know how much oil enters the engine VW Bora regardless of cylindrical capacity and fuel type, you can search here Engine Oil Capacity for all Volkswagen cars