VW Bora made between the years 1998 and 1999 how to reset INSP (inspection service) maintenance message from trip odometer display.
On the dashboard, you have two buttons one located next to the tachometer clock and the second one next to the speedometer. We will call them buttons 1 and 2. See the below picture.
- Enter the car and close the doors.
- Push and hold down Button 1.
- Turn the key in the contact to switch ignition on, without starting the engine.
- The letters OIL will appear on the display.
- Release Button 1.
- Now short press and release Button 1.
- The message INSP will appear on the same display.
- Rotate Button 2 clockwise.
- The INSP message will disappear and on the display will appear “- – – -” these lines.
- Is required clear the “OIL” indicator from the display as previously described.