Reset service light indicator Toyota 4 Runner. From year: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
How to reset service light indicator Toyota 4 Runner 4.
- Switch ignition key to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position with the odometer reading shown. For details, see information about “Odometer and two trip meters” below in this Section.
- Push and hold the tripmeter reset button.
- Switch the ignition key to the “ON” position while holding down the trip meter reset button, do not start the engine.
- Hold down the button until the MAINTENANCE required indicator light goes off.
- Before the indicator goes off, it illuminates for three seconds, flashes for two seconds and illuminates for one second.
- If the indicator fails to reset, the MAINT REQD message will remain flashing, in this case, return to step one and try again.
- Switch off the ignition and then start the engine to see if indicator has been reset.
- Odometer: Shows the total distance the car has been driven.
- Two trip meters: Show two different distances independently driven since the last time each trip meter was set to 0. You can use one tripmeter to calculate the fuel consumption economy and the other to measure the distance on each trip. All trip meter data is cancelled if the electrical power source is disconnected.
- Tripmeter reset knob: Resets the two tripmeters to 0, and also change the meter display. To change the meter display, quickly press and release the knob. The meter display changes in the order from the odometer to trip meter A to trip meter B, then back to the odometer each time you depress. To reset the trip meter A to 0, display the meter A reading, then press and hold the knob until the meter is set to 0. The same process can be applied for resetting the trip meter B.
How to reset service light indicator Toyota 4-Runner 5 without a smart key system:
- Turn the display to the tripmeter A, see information below, when the car is running.
- Switch the car off.
- While ppushing the tripmeter reset button se information below, switch the car to the “ON” position (do not start the car because reset mode will be canceled). Continue to push and hold the button until the tripmeter displays “000000”.
How to reset service light indicator Toyota 4Runner 5 with a smart key system:
- Turn the display to the trip meter A, see information above, when the car is running.
- Switch the “ENGINE START STOP” to off.
- While pushing the tripmeter reset button see information above, switch the “ENGINE START STOP” to the IGNITION ON mode (do not start the car because otherwise the reset mode will be canceled). Continue to push and hold the button until the tripmeter displays “000000”.
That it is the full procedure how to reset service light indicator Toyota 4Runner. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.
Click hear to see full procedure how do you reset the oil light indicator. How to reset the maintenance light and how do you reset service light for all Toyota vehicles.