Reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix sixth generation. From years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
How to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix sixth generation.
To reset your Pontiac Grand Prix sixth generation change oil soon system after an engine oil change follow this steps.
- Ensure the ignition is switch to ON position, don’t start the car.
- Now depress and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
- If the CHANGE OIL SOON light flashes, the system is resetting.
- Switch the key to OFF and then start the vehicle and see if the change oil soon warning light has been reset.
- If the CHANGE OIL SOON light comes back on, the Oil Life Monitor has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
To reset the ail life indicator after the oil has been changed for your Pontiac Grand Prix sixth generation follow this steps.
- Turn the key to the ON position, don’t start the car.
- Depress the MODE button until the light indicator appears next to OIL LIFE.
- Depress and hold the RESET button for 3 seconds.
- The oil life percentage should change to 100%.
- Now turn OFF the ignition and then start the car to see if the maintenance light has been reset.
The full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix sixth generation 1997-2003 is taken owner’s manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix sixth generation 1997-2003. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Pontiac cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.