Reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix seventh generation. From years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
How to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix seventh generation.
To reset the GM Oil Life System, after the oil has been changed, use the following procedure:
- Switch ON the ignition, one position before starting the car.
- Press the options button on the Driver Information Centre (DIC) until ENGINE OIL MONITOR appears on the DIC display.
- Press the SET/RESET button to reset the warning light system.
- The next screen indicates that the engine oil monitor system has been reset.
- If the car is equipped with the trip computer DIC, when the gage button is pushed and the OIL LIFE REMAINING mode appears, it should read 100% OIL LIFE REMAINING. Picture below.
- Switch the ignition to OFF and then start the vehicle to verify that the maintenance light has been reset.
- If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
Pontiac Grand Prix seventh generation ENGINE OIL MONITOR SYSTEM. This menu lets you reset the engine oil monitor system for the car. To reset the engine oil monitor system use the following procedure:
- Switch ON the ignition, do not start the engine.
- Press the set/reset button to reset the engine oil monitor system.
- The confirmation, ENGINE OIL MONITOR HAS BEEN RESET, will appear on the next monitor screen and a chime will sound.
- Press the options button again to advance to the next screen.
- Turn OFF the ignition and then start the car to verify the service warning light has been reset.
All information how to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix seventh generation 2004-2008 is taken owner’s manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix seventh generation 2004-2008. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Pontiac cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.