Reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix 1997.
How to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix 1997. From year: 1997.
Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 CHANGE OIL SOON. This light will appear when the system predicts that the oil’s remaining useful life is almost up. The system predicts remaining oil life using inputs from length of drives, coolant temperature, engine rpm, and vehicle speed. It alerts you to change the oil on a schedule consistent with your vehicle’s driving conditions.
To reset your Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 change oil soon system after an oil change follow this steps.
- Turn the key to the ON position, without the engine running.
- Now pump the accelerator 3 times within 5 seconds.
- Turn the key to OFF and then start the car and see if the change oil soon message has been reset.
The full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 is taken owners manual.
Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 OIL LIFE.
Shows a percentage of the oil’s remaining useful life. The system predicts remaining oil life using inputs from length of drives, coolant temperature, engine rpm and vehicle speed. Each time you get an oil change, be sure to reset this function so that it will give you an accurate percentage.
To reset the ail life indicator after the oil has been changed for your Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 follow this steps.
- Press the mode button until the light appears next to O’IL LIFE.
- Press and hold the reset button for three seconds.
- The oil life percentage should change to 100%.
All information how to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 is taken owners manual.
When to change engine oil on a Pontiac Grand Prix 1997.
If any one of these is true for you, use the short trip/city maintenance schedule:
- Most trips are less than 5 to 10 miles (8 to 16 km). This is particularly important when outside temperatures are below freezing.
- Most trips include extensive idling (such as frequent driving in stop-md-go traffic).
- Most trips are through dusty areas.
- You frequently tow a trailer or use a carrier on top of your vehicle.
- The vehicle is used for delivery s’ervice, police, taxi or other commercial application.
Driving und’er these conditions causes engine oil to break down sooner, If any one of these is true for your vehicle, then you need to change your oil and filter every 3,000 miles (5 000 km) or 3 months — whichever occurs first. (See “Change Oil Indicator” in the Index.) If none of them is true, use the long triphighway maintenance schedule. Change th’e oil and filter every 7,500 miles (12 500 km) or 12 months — whichever occurs first, Driving a vehicle with a fully warmed engine under highway conditions causes engine oil to break down slower.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Grand Prix 1997. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Pontiac cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.