Reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. From year: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
How to reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. From year: 1998.
- Switch the ignition to ON\RUN, do not star the vehicle.
- After step 1 depress & release the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
- The Change Oil warning light flashes for 5 seconds when reset.
- Turn the ignition OFF\LOCK and then start the your Pontiac to verify the maint indicator has been reset.
How do you reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. From year: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
After changing the engine oil, the system must be reset.
- With the ignition key in ON\RUN, don’t start the car.
- Depress the TRIP/OIL RESET button located on the instrument panel for approximately 14 seconds.
- The OIL CHANGE maintenance light will start to flash to confirm that the system is reset.
- The reset is complete when the OIL CHANGE warning light goes out.
- Turn the ignition to OFF and then start the your Pontiac to verify the maint indicator has been reset.
All information how to reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is taken owner’s manual.
Oil Change Light Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. This OIL CHANGE light should come on briefly as a bulb check when you start the engine. If the OIL CHANGE light doesn’t come on, have it serviced. If the OIL CHANGE light comes on and stays on for 60 seconds after you start your vehicle, have the oil changed. After changing the engine oil, the system must be reset.
Service Vehicle Light Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. This warning light should come on in your instrument panel for a three-second bulb check when you first start your vehicle. If the light doesn’t come on, have it serviced. This light will stay on steady if you have certain non-emission related vehicle problems. These problems may not be obvious and may affect vehicle performance or durability. Consult a qualified dealership for necessary repairs to maintain top vehicle performance.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Pontiac cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.