Reset oil service light Jaguar S-Type. How to reset maintenance light, reset service light indicator. Can be made manually by use button on car dash board.
How do you reset oil service light Jaguar S-Type.
- Insert key into ignition.
- Press and hold the Reset switch, located on the Trip Computer Switchpack.
- The reset switch has to be released immediately after the ignition is switched ON. This is critical to enable the rest of the procedure. Turn the key to Ignition position II and at the point of entering Ignition position II (i.e when a click is heard), instantaneously release the Reset switch.
- Wait one second.
- Press and hold the Trip switch, located on the end of the left hand side stalk.
- Wait one second.
- Press and hold the Reset switch, whilst still holding the Trip switch.
- The cluster should display (within three seconds) the warning message RESETTING SERVICE MODE.
- Keep both buttons pressed until the warning message changes to SERVICE MODE RESET (after ten seconds).
- Once the message is displayed the buttons may be released sequence is now complete.
- If a Service Required message was displayed prior to the reset sequence, cycle the ignition to Off and then back to Ignition position II and check that the message is no longer displayed.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Jaguar S-Type. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Jags cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.