Reset oil service light BMW F10. From year: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
How to reset oil service light BMW F10.
- Switch ignition to ON position, do not start the engine, push start engine/ignition button without depressing clutch/brake.
- Wait for the service warning light to dissapear.
- Immediately after service reminder goes out, push & hold only button on bottom left of tacho /instrument display.
- Display will change and show brake pad wear indicator picture.
- Push and release same button again to scroll through menu.
- When you reach the engine oil warning light push & hold the button until option appears to reset interval.
- Push and hold, warning light will reset.
- Switch OFF the ignition and then on again to see if warning light has been reset.
General information. The engine oil consumption is dependent on the driving style and driving conditions. Therefore, check the engine oil level after every refueling using the electronic engine oil level check.
Oil types BMW F10. No oil additives. Oil additives may lead to engine damage. Approved oil types Your service center can advise you on which engine oils have been approved by the manufacturer of your vehicle. The engine oil quality is critical for the life of the
engine. Only use approved BMW High Performance oil. Approved oils belong to the viscosity grades SAE 0W-40, SAE 0W-30, SAE 5W-40 and SAE 5W-30.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light BMW F10. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.