Reset oil service light BMW E64. From years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
How to reset oil service light BMW E64.
- Insert key.
- Press START/STOP button without pressing clutch/brake, wait for the service reminder to disappear.
- Immediately, after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 seconds a warning triangle will appear.
- Keep the odometer reset button pressed. After another 2-3 seconds the oil-can symbol will appear. If you hold the button too long, about 10 seconds, the system will go into an internal coding mode. In this case, shut everything down and start over.
- After properly performing step-3, the system will be in the service menu mode. Use the push button (BC button) on the end of the left steering column switch (wipers, high/low beams) to scroll through the various service items.
- When the oil service light is displayed, press the BC button on the end of wiper switch. “Reset” should now appear in the display. Press and hold the BC button for 2-3 seconds. A small clock display will show as the reset is being performed.
- Reset oil service light BMW E64, picture below.
- You can now select another item to reset (as in step-4) or press the START/STOP button to end.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light BMW E64. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any error which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.