Reset oil service light BMW E38. From years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001.
How do you reset oil service light BMW E38.
- Ignition key must be off.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster (left button), and turn the ignition key to the first position.
- Keep the button pressed for approx 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: “Oil Service” with “Reset”.
- The service due is shown with “reset” if the coded minimum consumption limit has been reached and resetting is possible. If “reset” is not shown, the minimum limit has not been reached and resetting is not possible.
- Press and hold the reset button again until the word “Reset” begins to flash.
- While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval the following will appear: “End SIA”.
- The system can only be reset again after 2.5 gal (10 liters) of fuel have been consumed.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light BMW E38. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any error which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.
Click hear to see full procedure how do you reset the oil light indicator. How to reset the maintenance light and how do you reset service light for all BMW cars.
4 thoughts on “Reset oil service light BMW E38”
My E38 year 2000 service lights don’t reset with a professional tool at my local garage, nor do they reset using the method described on your site. Do you have any ideas what the problem could be?
I don’t understand you, they have try our procedure or not ?
For cars before 09/2000 the above procedure won’t work. You have to go to the obd connector under the hood and shortcut pins 7 and 19 during 4 seconds with ignition key in position II
Thank you for completing, Eric.