Reset inspection service light indicator BMW E53. From years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
How do you reset inspection service light indicator BMW E53.
- Ignition key must be off.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster (left button). And turn the ignition key to the first position. .
- Keep the button pressed for approx 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: “Inspection” with “Reset”. .
- The service due is shown with “reset” if the coded minimum consumption limit has been reached and resetting is possible. If “reset” is not shown, the minimum limit has not been reached and resetting is not possible.
- Press and hold the reset button again until the word “Reset” begins to flash.
- While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval the following will appear: “End SIA”. .
- The system can only be reset again after 2.5 gal (10 liters) of fuel have been consumed.
That it is the full procedure how to reset inspection service light indicator BMW E53. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any error which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.