Reset brake system service light and buzzer Toyota 4Runner fourth generation. From year: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
How to reset brake system warning light and buzzer Toyota 4Runner fourth generation.
This light comes on in the following cases when the ignition key is in the “ON” position.
- When the parking brake is applied…
This light comes on for a few seconds when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position even after the parking brake is released.
- When the brake fluid level is low…
Caution: it is dangerous to continue driving normally when the brake fluid level is low.
- When the hydraulic brake booster fails…
If the hydraulic booster causes a problem resulting in poor braking performance, the warning light comes on and buzzer sounds continuously.
Have your vehicle checked at your Toyota dealer in the following cases:
- The light does not come on even if the parking brake is applied when the ignition key is in the “ON” position.
- The light does not come on even if the ignition key is turned on with the parking brake released.
A warning light turning on briefly during operation does not indicate a problem.
Caution: If any of the following conditions occurs, immediately stop your vehicle at a safe place and contact your Toyota dealer.
- The light does not turn off even after the parking brake is released while the engine is running.
- The warning buzzer comes on together with the warning light.
In either case, this can indicate that the brakes may not work properly and your stopping distance will become longer. Depress the brake pedal firmly and bring the vehicle to an immediate stop.
- The brake system warning light remains on together with the “ABS” warning light.
In this case, not only the anti−lock brake system will fail but also the vehicle will become extremely unstable during braking.
Any of the following conditions may occur, but do not indicate the malfunction:
- The light may stay on for about 60 seconds after the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position. It is normal if it turns off after a while.
- Depressing the brake pedal repeatedly may turn on the warning light and buzzer. It is normal if the light turns off and the buzzer stops sounding after a few seconds.
- You may hear a small sound in the engine compartment after the engine is started or the brake pedal is depressed repeatedly. This is a pump pulsating sound of the brake system, and it is not a malfunction.
All information how to reset brake system service light and buzzer is taken from Toyota 4Runner owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset brake system service light and buzzer Toyota 4Runner fourth generation. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.