Reset ABS service light Toyota FJ Cruiser. From year: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
How to reset ABS service light Toyota FJ Cruiser.
The light comes on when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position. If the antilock brake system and the brake assist system work properly, the light turns off after a few seconds. Thereafter, if either of the systems malfunctions, the light comes on again.
When the “ABS” warning light is on (and the brake system warning light is off), the following systems do not operate, but the brake system still operates conventionally.
- Anti−lock brake system.
- Brake assist system.
- Traction control system.
- Active traction control system
- (four−wheel drive models with rear differential lock)
- AUTO LSD system two−wheel drive models.
- Vehicle stability control system.
When the “ABS” warning light is on (and the brake system warning light is off), the anti−lock brake system does not operate, so that the wheels will lock up during a sudden braking or braking on slippery road surfaces.
If either of the following conditions occurs, this indicates a malfunction somewhere in the components monitored by the warning light system. Contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible to service the vehicle.
- The light does not come on when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position, or remains on.
- The light comes on while you are driving.
A warning light turning on briefly during operation does not indicate a problem.
If the “ABS” warning light remains on together with the brake system warning light, immediately stop your vehicle at a safe place and contact your Toyota dealer. In this case, not only the anti−lock brake system will fail but also the vehicle will become extremely unstable during braking.
Any of the following conditions may occur, but do not indicate a malfunction:
- The light may stay on for about 60 seconds after the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position. It is normal if it turns off after a while.
- Depressing the brake pedal repeatedly may turn on the light. It is normal if it turns off after a few seconds.
- With rear differential lock: The light comes on with rear differential locked. At this time, the anti−lock brake system, the brake assist system, the vehicle stability control system, the traction control system and the active traction control system do not operate.
All information how can you reset ABS service light is taken from Toyota FJ Cruiser owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset ABS service light Toyota FJ Cruiser. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.