Ford Focus how to replace door mirror turn signal and what are the Original and Aftermarket cods for side singals, this is a very easy DIY tutorial for cars made between year 2010 and 2018.
First of all, I will leave you the codes of the signals in the mirror:
- Left side: original 1538488, 8M51-13B383-AA, 2198 2841, 2198.2841 and aftermarket 32 12 37-95, FD4287416, 1428527, 6201405, 1882915.
- Right side: original 1538489, 8M51-13B382-AB, 2198.2884, 2198 2884, DPA 204, and aftermarket V25-84-0031, FD4287415, 1428526.
This will be a 3 in 1 turorial because when you want to change the side signal we have to remove the mirror glass and the above cover.
- Put a finger behind the mirror glass and push it out, be careful not to break it, after that you must remove the two wires that are used for headint.
- Now you must remove the up cover, this is caught inside the mirror by two clips, to take out press the two clips down and pull the case out.
- With a screwdriver you have to press on the plastic part that holds the fixed signal.
- To remove the bulb just rotate the plug and pull it out.
- To put it back, reverse above steps.
Video tutorial how to replace mirror lamp turn signal Ford Focus.
This procedure works the following models and each one represents a link to which type of bulb fits in the mirror turn signal lamp.