How to reset service due warning light in a Fiat Stilo. Made in: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.
Scheduled servicing (Service).
Through this function it is possible to display information connected to proper car servicing.
To display scheduled servicing info proceed as follows:
- briefly press button MODE: service in km or mi, according to previous setting, will be displayed (see paragraph “Distance unit”);
- press button or to select displaying in days;
- briefly press button MODE to go back to the menu screen or press the button for long to go back to the standard screen without storing settings.
The “Service Schedule” includes car maintenance every 30,000 km (or equivalent value in miles) or every year; this is shown automatically, with the ignition key at MAR, starting from 2,000 km (or equivalent value in miles) or 30 days from this deadline and it is shown again every 200 km (or equivalent value in miles) or every 3 days. Below 200 km servicing indications are displayed more frequently. Servicing indication will be displayed in km or mi according to previous setting. When a programmed maintenance interval (coupon) is near to come, turning the ignition key to MAR, the display will show the message “Service” followed by the number of km/mi or days to go before car servicing. “Scheduled servicing” message is displayed in km/mi or days according to the approaching service interval.
I saw on the Fiat Forum the bwlow procedure, I have to say that it is wrong will not work on your Stilo
- At fisr you must have the key in ignition.
- Now press and hold the trip meter reset button.
- Put the ignition on without start the engine.
- Still holding the trip meter rest button for about 10 seconds.
- Now the service due is reset.
Wrong, this steps are for another model.
To turn off the maintenance error you must have a special scanner tool.