Reset service light indicator Toyota 4Runner fourth generation. From year: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
How to reset service light indicator Toyota 4Runner fourth generation.
Engine Oil Replacement Reminder Light (for vehicles sold in U.S.A.)
This light acts as a reminder to replace the engine oil. This light will come on when the ignition key is turned to “ON” and will go off after about a few seconds. When you drive for about 7200 km (4500 miles) after the engine oil replacement, this light illuminates for about 3 seconds and then flashes for about 12 seconds with the ignition key turned to the “ON” position. If you continue driving without the engine oil replacement, and if the driving range exceeds 8000 km (5000 miles), the light will come on after the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position. The light will remain on thereafter. If the light is flashing, we recommend that you replace the engine oil at an early opportunity depending on the driving and road condition. If the light comes on, replace it as soon as possible.
You need to reset the light after the engine oil replacement. Reset the light by following the procedure below:
- Turn the ignition key to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position with the odometer reading shown. For details, see “Odometer and two trip meters” on below in this Section.
- Press and holf the trip meter reset button.
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position while holding down the trip meter reset button.
- Hold down the button until the MAINT REQD service light goes off.
- Before the light goes off, it illuminates for 3 seconds, flashes for 2 seconds and illuminates for 1 second.
- If the system fails to reset, the light will remain flashing, in this case, return to step 1 and try again.
- Turn off the ignition and then start the car to see if Maint Reqd has been reset.
This meter displays the odometer and two trip meters.
- Odometer – Shows the total distance the vehicle has been driven.
- Two trip meters – Show two different distances independently driven since the last time each trip meter was set to zero. You can use one trip meter to calculate the fuel economy and the other to measure the distance on each trip. All trip meter data is cancelled if the electrical power source is disconnected.
- Trip meter reset knob—Resets the two trip meters to zero, and also change the meter display. To change the meter display, quickly push and release the knob. The meter display changes in the order from the odometer to trip meter A to trip meter B, then back to the odometer each time you push. To reset the trip meter A to zero, display the meter A reading, then push and hold the knob until the meter is set to zero. The same process can be applied for resetting the trip meter B.
That it is the full procedure how to reset service light indicator Toyota 4Runner fourth generation. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.