Reset service light indicator Honda Insight. From years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
How do you reset service light indicator Honda Insight.
Resetting the Service due soon message, reset the service due now indicator and reset the service past due light if maintenance service is done by someone other than your dealer, reset the maintenance minder as follows:
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, one position before starting engine. In some cases you need to hold the SEL/RESET button as you turn the ignition key on, thank to our reader John Dawson.
- If the engine oil life is not displayed, press the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel repeatedly.
- Press and hold the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel for more than 10 seconds.
- The remaining engine oil life reset mode will be shown on the multiinformation display.
- Select ‘‘RESET’’ by pressing the INFO ( / ) button, then press the SEL/RESET button to reset the engine oil life display.
- The maintenance item code(s) will disappear, and the engine oil life will reset to ‘‘100.’’ If you want to cancel the oil life reset mode, select ‘‘CANCEL.’’
If you have the required service done but do not reset the display, or reset the display without doing the service, the system will not show the correct maintenance intervals. This can lead to serious mechanical problems because you will no longer have an accurate record of when maintenance is needed.
All information is taken from the Honda Insight owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset service light indicator Honda Insight. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Honda cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.