Reset service light indicator BMW X5. From years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
How to reset service light indicator BMW X5. From years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
- Ignition key must be off.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster (left button), and turn the ignition key to the first position.
- Keep the button pressed for approx 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: “Inspection” with “Reset”.
- The service due is shown with “reset” if the coded minimum consumption limit has been reached and resetting is possible. If “reset” is not shown, the minimum limit has not been reached and resetting is not possible.
- Press and hold the reset button again until the word “Reset” begins to flash.
- While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval the following will appear: “End SIA”.
- The system can only be reset again after 2.5 gal (10 liters) of fuel have been consumed.
How to reset service light indicator BMW X5. From years: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Insert your remote key into the key slot and press the ‘Start Stop’ button once without putting your foot on the brake. You should see numerous lights turn on in the dash.
- Wait for any warning lights to go out. In some cases, such as a low fuel warning light, you may need to press the ‘BC’ button on the end of the indicator stalk once to remove them.
- Press and hold the black button, which is located on the bottom left of the speedometer (instrument cluster). An exclamation mark will appear in the screen in middle of the speedometer, but keep holding down the button until the next picture appears then let go.
- To cycle through one by one all of the picture options for each service press the black button once. When you arrive at the inspection service light that you wish to reset press and hold the black button until the text ‘Reset?’ is visible under the picture, then let go. Finally press and hold the button again to confirm the reset. Ready.
That it is the full procedure how to reset service light indicator BMW X5. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any error which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.