Reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series
Reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series. For models: BMW E12, BMW E28, BMW E34, BMW E39, BMW E60, BMW E61, BMW F10, BMW F11.
Reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series model E39. From years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
How do you reset inspection service light indicator BMW 5 Series model E39.
- Ignition key must be off.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button in the instrument cluster (left button), and turn the ignition key to the first position.
- Keep the button pressed for approx 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: “Inspection” with “Reset”.
- The service due is shown with “reset” if the coded minimum consumption limit has been reached and resetting is possible. If “reset” is not shown, the minimum limit has not been reached and resetting is not possible.
- Press and hold the reset button again until the word “Reset” begins to flash.
- While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval the following will appear: “End SIA”.
- The system can only be reset again after 2.5 gal (10 liters) of fuel have been consumed.
Reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series model E60.
How to reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series model E60.
Firstly with the ignition switched on, set the odometer trip meter back to zero by pushing it once.
Then switch the ignition back off again. I found this step was critical, otherwise I couldn’t get to the Service menu.
Now you are ready to go through the reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series E60 steps as follows.
- Switch the ignition on. So that the battery, Oil and Parking brake lights are displayed. And the key is ready to start the engine but dont actually start the car .
- Press the odometer reset button for between 5 and 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the centre appears in the top window between the clocks. Where the outside temperature / time or date normally appears, this is the Service icon.
- Release the odometer button briefly and press again straight away which brings up a picture of the brake fluid symbol. Same as the one that the i drive shows when you look at the Service menu.
- If you want to reset the Brake Fluid interval for another 2 years. Then keep holding the odometer button until the word RESET? appears at the bottom of the lower window.
- Release the button briefly and push it in again and hold for about 5, 10 seconds until the new date appears in the bottom window. You can then switch the ignition off and the new Brake Fluid date will appear in the service menu on the i drive screen next time you switch on.
- If you want to reset the Oil, Microfilter or brake pad indicators then you will need to follow the same sequence as steps 1 and 2 above, but when you get to step 3 and the brake Fluid icon appears, just release the button and press again and the next service item will appear.
- You can continue releasing and pressing the button until the required service item icon appears for the one you want to reset.
As soon as it does then hold in the button in until the word RESET? appears again as in step 4 above.
Once the word RESET? has appeared, you need to release the button briefly and hold it in again for about 5, 10 seconds until it is replaced by the new service interval figure (as per step 5 above). Hints & Tips Before actually resetting anything, go through steps 1, 2 and 6 above until you are familiar (and sure) what you want to reset.
Practice this a few times and note down in what order the icons appear after the initial Service icon appears.
If you do happen to hold the button down too long against an item you dont want to reset and the RESET? appears, just leave the button alone for 10 seconds or so and it will not let you reset the item. Alternatively just switch the ignition off and start again.
Sometimes if you have not released and pressed the button again quickly enough, when you hold it down again the German technical writing will appear after about 15, 20 seconds instead of the Service item icon you were expecting. If this happens just switch off the ignition and start again.
Once you are sure what item you want to reset and are confident of the sequance then give it a go.
If you do hesitate between releasing and pressing the button at any time, you will have to go back to the beginning and start again as he who hesitates is lost.
Reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series E61. From years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
How do you reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series E61.
- Insert key.
- Press START/STOP button without pressing clutch/brake, wait for the service reminder to disappear.
- Immediately, after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 seconds a warning triangle will appear.
- Keep the odometer reset button pressed. After another 2-3 seconds the oil-can symbol will appear. If you hold the button too long, about 10 seconds, the system will go into an internal coding mode. In this case, shut everything down and start over.
- After properly performing step-3, the system will be in the service menu mode. Use the push button (BC button) on the end of the left steering column switch (wipers, high/low beams) to scroll through the various service items.
- When the service light indicator is displayed, press the BC button on the end of wiper switch. “Reset” should now appear in the display. Press and hold the BC button for 2-3 seconds. A small clock display will show as the reset is being performed.
- Reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series E61, picture below.
- You can now select another item to reset (as in step-4) or press the START/STOP button to end.
Reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series model 525i.
How can you reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series model 525i.
- The good news is you can do it yourself as i explained to the car owner.
- Here is how do you reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series model 525i. With the ignition off.
- Press and hold the trip meter button. Keep held in and turn ignition to position 1 this is the first click the one before the ignition lights come on.
- Keep the button pressed in for about 5 seconds until you see Oil Service or Inspection with Reset or Re in the display. On vehicles with high cluster, you will also see the amount of fuel in litres remaining until next service.
- Quikly release and press the button again now hold for a further 5 seconds or until Reset or Re flashes.
- While this display is flashing, quickly release and press the button again to reset the Service Interval.
- After the display has shown the new service interval you should see END SIA for about 2 secs.
- Please note this procedure should only be used after you car has been serviced. I would qeustion any company who is unable to reset the Service/oil light. Either using diagnostic equipment or using this method after they have have serviced a vehicle.
That it is the full procedure how to reset service light indicator BMW 5 Series. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any error which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.