Reset oil service light Toyota Corolla 11 generation E160. From year: 2009, 2010 2011, 2012.
How to reset oil service light Toyota Corolla 11 generation E160.
After changing the engine oil (U.S.A. only).
- The engine oil maintenance data should be reset. Perform the following procedures:
- Turn the ENGINE START STOP switch or engine switch OFF with the trip meter A reading shown.
- While pressing the trip meter reset button below in this section, turn the ENGINE START STOP switch or engine switch ON.
- Continue to press and hold the button until the trip meter displays 000000.
All information how to reset oil service ligth indicator is taken from Toyota Corolla E160 owners manual.
Vehicles with smart key system. The following gauges, meters and displays illuminate when the “ENGINE START STOP” switch is in IGNITION ON mode.
Vehicles without smart key system. The following gauges, meters and displays illuminate when the engine switch is in the “ON” position.
- Tachometer. Displays the engine speed in revolutions per minute.
- Speedometer. Displays the vehicle speed.
- Fuel gauge. Displays the quantity of fuel remaining in the tank.
- Low fuel level warning light.
- Odometer/trip meter/instrument panel light control and trip meter reset button. Switches between odometer and trip meter displays. Pressing and holding the button will reset the trip meter when the trip meter is being displayed. To adjust the brightness of the instrument panel light, turn the button.
- Odometer and trip meter display. Odometer: Displays the total distance the vehicle has been driven. Trip meter: Displays the distance the vehicle has been driven since the meter was last reset. Trip meters A and B can be used to record and display different distances independently.
- Multi-information display.
- Display button. Switches the multi–information display.
- Engine coolant temperature gauge. Displays the engine coolant temperature.
Used engine oil.
- Used engine oil contains potentially harmful contaminants which may cause skin disorders such as inflammation or skin cancer, so care should be taken to avoid prolonged and repeated contact. To remove used engine oil from your skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Dispose of used oil and filters only in a safe and acceptable manner. Do not dispose of used oil and filters in household trash, in sewers or onto the ground. Call your Toyota dealer, service station or auto parts store for information concerning recycling or disposal.
- Do not leave used engine oil within the reach of children.
To prevent serious engine damage.
- Check the oil level on a regular basis.
When replacing the engine oil.
- Be careful not to spill engine oil on the vehicle components.
- Avoid overfilling, as the engine could be damaged.
- Check the oil level on the dipstick every time you refill the vehicle.
- Be sure the engine oil filler cap is properly tightened.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Toyota Corolla 11 generation E160. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.