Reset oil service light Saturn Aura
Reset oil service light Saturn Aura. From year: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
How to reset oil service light Saturn Aura.
The Engine Oil Life computer calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the computer so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where you change the oil prior to a CHANGE OIL SOON message being turned on, reset the computer.
After changing the engine oil and filter, the computer must be reset. To reset the oil life indicator:
- Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN with the engine off.
- With the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator displayed, push either of the DIC buttons to clear the warning light.
- Display OIL LIFE RESET on the DIC.
- Depress and hold the INFO button for at least one second.
- An ACKNOWLEDGED message displays for three seconds, or until the next button is pressed. This tells you the computer has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
- If the CHANGE OIL SOON message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
All information how to reset oil service light on a Saturn Aura is taken from owners manual.
OIL LIFE Saturn Aura. Press the information button until OIL LIFE displays. The engine oil life system shows an estimate of the oil’s remaining useful life. It shows 100% when the system is reset after an oil change. It alerts you to change the oil on a schedule consistent with your driving conditions. In addition to the engine oil life system monitoring the oil life, additional maintenance is recommended. Always reset the engine oil life system after an oil change.
CHANGE OIL SOON Saturn Aura. This message displays when the life of the engine oil has expired and it should be changed. When this message is acknowledged and cleared from the display, the engine oil life system must still be reset separately.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Saturn Aura. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Saturn cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.