Reset oil service light Saab 9-5. From year: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
How to reset oil service light Saab 9-5.
- Turn the ignition to run, one position before starting the vehicle.
- You can clear the reset service oil message by pressing CLEAR once.
- Reset by pressing CLEAR for at least eight seconds, until time for SERVICE appears on the display.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the vehicle to verify the indicator has been reset.
- The warning light can only be deleted when it is shown on the Service Indicator Display (SID).
A time for service message will illuminate on the Saab Instrument Display (SID) when the car is due for regular maintenance.
Engine oil and filter changes Saab 9-5. Changing the engine oil and filter is required at every service point. Use only a Saab approved long-life oil filter and engine oils stated in the Specification section of this Owner’s Manual. The use of extra additives in the oil is not necessary and is not recommended, and may be harmful to turbochargers. More frequent oil changes are recommended if your vehicle is operated under the following conditions:
- Most trips are less than 5 to 10 miles (8 to 16 km). This is particularly important when outside temperatures are below freezing.
- Most trips include extensive idling (such as frequent stop-and-go driving).
- Most trips are through dusty areas.
- You frequently tow a trailer or use a carrier on top of your vehicle.
- If the vehicle is used for delivery service, police, taxi or other commercial applications.
If your driving habits match this description, have the engine oil and filter changed inbetween normal services at 5,000 mile (8,000 km) intervals. The Saab Warranty and Service Record Booklet has provisions to record extra oil changes.
All information how to reset oil service light on a Saab 9-5 is taken from Saab owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Saab 9-5. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Saab cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.