Reset oil service light Saab 9-3 first generation. From year: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
How to reset oil service light Saab 9-3 first generation.
This message will be displayed approximately 600 miles (1,000 km) before the next scheduled service is due, or when 365 days have
elapsed since the last service. The message should be cleared at the time of that service.
- Turn On the ignition.
- This message can also be deleted by first briefly pressing the CLR button, then depressing it a second time for at least eight seconds
- until “SERVICE” appears on the display and a chime sounds.
- The message can only be deleted when it is shown on the SID.
- Turn OFF the ignition and then start your Saab to see if warning light has been reset.
All information how to reset oil maintenance light on a Saab 9-3 first generation is taken from owners manual.
Engine oil and filter changes. Changing the engine oil and filter is required at every service point. Use only a Saab approved long-life oil filter and engine oils meeting the SAE viscosity ratings and API service classifications stated in the “Technical data” section of this Owner’s Manual. The use of extra additives in the oil is not necessary and is not recommended, and may be harmful to turbochargers.More frequent oil changes are recommended if your vehicle is operated under any of the following conditions:
- Most trips are less than 5-10 miles (8-16 km). This is particularly important when outside temperatures are below freezing.
- Most trips include extensive idling (frequent stop-and-go traffic).
- Most trips are through dusty areas (such as construction zones).
- If the vehicle is used for delivery service, police, taxi or other commercial applications.
If your driving habits match this description, have the engine oil and filter changed inbetween normal services at 5,000 mile (8,000 km) intervals. These conditions cause the engine oil to break down faster. The Warranties and Service Record Booklet has provisions to record extra oil changes.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Saab 9-3 first generation. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Saab cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.