Reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird. From year: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
How to reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird. From year: 1998.
- Switch the ignition to ON\RUN, one position before starting the car.
- After step 1 push & release the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
- The Change Oil message flashes for 5 seconds when reset.
- Switch OFF the ignition and then start the vehicle to verify the warning light has been reset.
How do you reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird. From year: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
After changing the engine oil, the system must be reset.
- With the ignition key in ON\RUN, do not start the vehicle.
- Depress the TRIP/OIL RESET button located on the instrument panel for 12 seconds.
- The OIL CHANGE light will start to flash to confirm that the system is reset.
- The reset is complete when the OIL CHANGE light goes out.
- Switch OFF the ignition and then start the car to verify the indicator has been reset.
The full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird is taken owner’s manual.
Oil Change Light Pontiac Firebird. This OIL CHANGE light should come on briefly as a bulb check when you start the engine. If the OIL CHANGE light doesn’t come on, have it serviced. If the OIL CHANGE light comes on and stays on for 60 seconds after you start your vehicle, have the oil changed. After changing the engine oil, the system must be reset.
Service Vehicle Light Pontiac Firebird. This warning light should come on in your instrument panel for a three-second bulb check when you first start your vehicle. If the light doesn’t come on, have it serviced. This light will stay on steady if you have certain non-emission related vehicle problems. These problems may not be obvious and may affect vehicle performance or durability. Consult a qualified dealership for necessary repairs to maintain top vehicle performance.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Pontiac Firebird. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Pontiac cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.