Reset oil service light Mercury Montego. From years: 2005, 2006, 2007.
How to reset oil service light Mercury Montego. 2005, 2006, 2007.
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change on a Mercury Montego [approximately 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 180 days] perform the following:
To reset the oil life to 100% with system warnings CHANGE OIL SOON or OIL CHANGE REQUIRED displayed for a Mercury Montego:
- Select this function from the SETUP control for current display mode.
- Press and release the RESET control to display “HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM”.
- Press and hold the RESET control to display OIL LIFE SET TO 100%. Your oil life is now reset.
The full procedure how to reset oil service light Mercury Montego is taken owners manual.
To reset the oil monitoring system Mercury Montego to your personalized oil life %:
- From step 3 above.
- Release the RESET control momentarily, then press RESET and SETUP controls at the same time to activate a service mode which will display OIL LIFE XX% RESET TO ALTER.
- Press RESET until you find your personalized OIL LIFE XX%.
- With your personalized OIL LIFE XX% displayed, press SETUP to continue the system check.
CHANGE OIL SOON, OIL CHANGE REQUIRED. Oil Life XX%, CHANGE SOON/OIL LIFE 0%, CHANGE OIL, OIL LIFE XX%, CHANGE SOON displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 10 percent and again when the engine oil life remaining is between 5% and 1%. When oil life left reaches 0%, the OIL LIFE 0%, CHANGE OIL message will be displayed.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center and according to the recommended maintenance schedule.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Mercury Montego. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Mercury cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.