Reset oil service light Mercury Mariner
Reset oil service light Mercury Mariner. From years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
How to reset oil service light Mercury Mariner.
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change [approximately 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or six months] perform the following:
- Turn the ignition to run, one position before starting engine.
- Press the SET control to access the system check function.
- Press and release the SETUP control to display “OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW”.
- Press and hold the RESET control for two seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed.
- While “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed, if a lower oil life start value is desired, press and release the RESET control to reduce the start value. Each press of the RESET control reduces the value by 10 percent.
Note: Oil life start value of 100% equals 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or six months. For example, setting oil life start value to 60% sets the oil life start value to 4,500 miles (7,200 km) and 108 days.
ENGINE OIL CHANGE SOON and ENGINE OIL CHANGE NOW. Displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 5% or less. When oil life left is between 5% and 0%, the ENGINE OIL CHANGE SOON message will be displayed. When oil life left reaches 0%, the ENGINE OIL CHANGE NOW message will be displayed.
OIL LIFE CHANGE SOON. Displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 10% or less. When oil life left is between 10% and 0%, the XX% OIL LIFE CHANGE SOON message will be displayed.
OIL CHANGE REQUIRED. Displayed when the oil life left reaches 0%, the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED message will be displayed.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center.
All information how to reset oil service light Mercury Mariner is taken owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Mercury Mariner. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Mercury cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.