Reset oil service light Lincoln Navigator. From years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
How to reset oil service light Lincoln Navigator. From years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center and according to the recommended maintenance schedule.
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change [approximately 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 180 days] perform the following:
- Turn the ignition to run, one position before starting engine.
- Press and release the SETUP control to display “OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW”.
- Press and hold the RESET control for 2 seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed.
- To change oil life 100% value to another value, proceed to Step 5.
- Once “OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%” is displayed, release and press RESET to change the Oil Life Start Value. Each release and press will reduce the value by 10%.
OIL CHANGE REQUIRED/CHANGE OIL SOON. Displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 5 percent or less. When oil life left is between 5% and 0%, the CHANGE OIL SOON message will be displayed. When oil life left reaches 0%, the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED message will be displayed.
All information is taken from the Lincoln Navigator owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Lincoln Navigator. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Lincoln cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.