Reset oil service light Lincoln MKZ. From years: 2010, 2011, 2012.
How do you reset oil service light Lincoln MKZ. From years: 2010, 2011, 2012.
Oil Life XXX% Lincoln MKZ.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center and according to the recommended maintenance schedule.
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change (approximately 7,500 miles [12,000 km] or 12 months) perform the following:
- Turn the ignition to run, one position before starting engine.
- Press and release the SETUP control to display “OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW”.
- Press and hold the RESET control for two seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed.
- To change oil life 100% miles value from 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or 12 months to another value, proceed to Step 5.
- Once “OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%” is displayed, release and press the RESET control switch to change the Oil Life Start Value. Each release and press will reduce the value by 10%.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Note: Oil life start value of 100% equals 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or 12 months. For example, setting oil life start value to 60% sets the oil life start value to 4,500 miles (7,200 km) and 219 days.
ENGINE OIL CHANGE SOON. Displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 10% or less.
OIL CHANGE REQUIRED. Displayed when the oil life left reaches 0%.
All information is taken from the Lincoln MKZ owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Lincoln MKZ. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Lincoln cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.