Reset oil service light Lincoln Aviator. From years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.
How do you reset oil service light Lincoln Aviator.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center and according to the recommended maintenance schedule.
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change [approximately 8,000 km (5,000 miles) or 180 days] perform the following:
- Turn the ignition to run, one position before starting engine.
- Press and release the SETUP control to display “PRESS RESET AT OIL CHANGE”.
- Press and release the RESET control to display “HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM”.
- Press and hold the RESET control for 2 seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed.
After you have done steps 1 through 3, you can reset the oil monitoring system to your personalized oil life %:
- Press RESET and SETUP controls at the same time for 2 seconds, to activate a service mode which will display “OIL LIFE XX% RESET TO ALTER”.
- Press RESET to decrement oil life by 10% down to 30% and back to100%.
- With your personalized OIL LIFE XX% displayed, press SETUP to continue the system check.
All information is taken from the Lincoln Aviator owners manual.
CHANGE OIL SOON/OIL CHANGE REQUIRED. Displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 5 percent or less. When oil life left is between 5% and 0%, the CHANGE OIL SOON message will be displayed. When oil life left reaches 0%, the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED message will be displayed.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Lincoln Aviator. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Lincoln cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.