Reset oil service light Honda CR-V. From years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
How do you reset oil service light Honda CR-V. From years: 1997, 1998, 1999.
- Insert ignition key into centre slot located on the front of the instrument cluster.
- When reset, the indicator changes to green.
How to reset oil service light Honda CR-V. From years: 2000, 2001.
- Reset the coloured indicator by inserting your key in the slot beside the indicator.
Full procedure how to reset oil service light Honda CR-V. From years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
- Turn off the engine.
- Press and hold the SELECT/RESET button in the instrument panel and turn the ignition switch to run, one position before starting. Picture below.
- Hold the button for at least 10 seconds, until the indicator resets.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
How do you reset oil service light Honda CR-V. From years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
Resetting the Engine Oil Life Display if maintenance service is done by someone other than your dealer, reset the Maintenance Minder as follows:
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, one position before starting engine.
- Press the select/reset knob repeatedly until the engine oil life is displayed. Picture below.
- Press the select/reset knob for about 10 seconds. The information display shows the reset mode initial display as shown.
- Select the ‘‘OIL LIFE’’ indicator by turning in a clockwise direction the select/reset knob. The display begins to blink. Push the same knob to enter this setting.
- Update for point 5: in some countries you must turn the select/reset knob counterclockwise. Thanks to Dee Dee!
- The engine oil life and the maintenance item code(s) will begin to blink. Press the select/ reset knob for another 5 seconds. Picture below.
- The maintenance item code(s) will disappear, and the engine oil life will reset to ‘‘100.’’
If you have the required service done but do not reset the display, or reset the display without doing the service, the system will not show the correct maintenance intervals. This can lead to serious mechanical problems because you will no longer have an accurate record of when maintenance is needed.
All information is taken from the Honda CR-V owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Honda CR-V. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Honda cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.