Reset oil service light Ford Focus
Reset oil service light Ford Focus. From years: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
How do you reset oil service light Ford Focus.
Resetting the oil life monitoring system.
- Turn the ignition key to the on position. Do not start the engine. For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not attempt to start the engine.
- Press both the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time.
- Keep both pedals fully pressed.
- After three seconds, the Service: Oil reset in prog message will be displayed. Picture below.
- After 25 seconds, the Service: Oil reset complete message will be displayed. Picture below.
- Release both the accelerator and brake pedals.
- The Service: Oil reset complete message will no longer be displayed.
- Rotate the key to the off position. For vehicles with push-button start, press the START/STOP button to turn the vehicle off completely.
All information is taken from the Ford Focus owners manual.
Your vehicle is equipped with an Intelligent Oil Life Monitor™ that determines when the engine oil should be changed based on how your vehicles is used. By using several important factors in its calculations, the monitor helps reduce the cost of owning your vehicle and reduce environmental waste at the same time. This means you won’t have to remember to change the oil on a mileage-based schedule; the vehicle lets you know when an oil change is due by displaying ENGINE OIL CHANGE DUE or OIL CHANGE REQUIRED in the message center. The following table is intended to provide examples of vehicle use and its impact on engine oil change intervals; it is provided as a guideline only. Actual engine oil change intervals will depend on several factors and will generally decrease with severity of use.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Ford Focus. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Ford cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.