Reset oil service light Chevrolet Malibu. From years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
How do you reset oil service light Chevrolet Malibu.
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation accurs where you change the oil prior to a CHANGE OIL SOON message being turned on, reset the system.
To reset oil service light on your vehicle Chevrolet Malibu follow this steps:
- Display OIL LIFE RESET on the dash board. Picture below.
- Press and hold the INFO button & ENTER button (in the same time) buttons for at least one second. Picture below.
- OIL LIFE RESET will display. Picture below.
- Hit ENTER button again and an ACKNOWLEDGED display message will appear for three seconds. Picture below.
- This tells you the system has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
If the CHANGE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light Chevrolet Malibu. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Chevrolet cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.