Reset oil service light BMW E36. From years: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000.
How to reset oil service light BMW e36.
Locating the diagnostic connector.
- Let’s go on with the search. The diagnostic connector (the black cylinder in the figure). Is located in the engine compartment, near the brake fluid box.
- You have to remove the cap on top and you’ll see a 20 pin connector like this.
- Our interest is to use the pins 7 and 19 (red marked in the figure), necessary to reset oil service light BMW E36.
The procedure how do you reset oil service light BMW E36.
- First, make sure that the ignition switch is in position 0 (that means no operating of any kind).
- Remove the key.
- Then place a jumper wire (refer to the end of this file) between the pins 7 and 19.
Reset oil service light BMW e36.
- When you see the OILSERVICE light in the instrument cluster, it’s time to perform an reset oil service light BMW E36. When the wire is palced, take the key and insert it int to the ignition switch.
- Turn the ignition switch to position 2 (run, no start). After approd 3 seconds you shold remove the jumper wire.
- You will see that the OIL SERVICE light disappears and all the green lights come out.
- Turn the switch back to position 0, remove the key.
- Replace the cap on the diagnostic connector and close the engine compartment.
That it is the full procedure how to reset oil service light BMW E36. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for BMW cars. Or any error which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders when by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.