Reset front passenger’s seat belt reminder light Toyota FJ Cruiser. From year: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
How to reset front passenger’s seat belt reminder light Toyota FJ Cruiser.
The light and buzzer act as a reminder to have the front passenger buckle up the seat belt. Once the ignition key is turned to “ON” or “START”, the reminder light flashes if a passenger sits in the front passenger seat and does not fasten the seat belt. If the vehicle speed rises above 20 km/h (12 mph) with the seat belt unfastened, the buzzer will sound for 10 seconds. Then, if the seat belt is still unfastened, the buzzer will sound in a different tone for 20 seconds. Even if the vehicle speed drops below 20 km/h (12 mph), the buzzer will continue to sound. To stop the buzzer, fasten the seat belt. If the buzzer still sounds, make sure the driver’s seat belt is fastened. If luggage or other load is placed on the front passenger seat, depending on its weight, the reminder light may flash and buzzer to sound.
The buzzer can be set not to sound by following the procedure below.
- Sit on the front passenger seat.
- Turn the ignition key to the “OFF” position with the odometer reading shown. For details see the Odometer and two trip meters om Toyota categories.
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position.
- Within 6 seconds, push the trip meter reset knob and hold it for more than 10 seconds.
- Insert the tab of front passenger seat belt into the buckle.
- The odometer shows either “b−on” or “b−off”. The reading changes by pushing the trip meter reset knob and the setting of the front passenger seat belt reminder buzzer can be changed. The odometer display returns to normal if the meter reset knob has not been operated for more than 10 seconds or the ignition key is turned to the “OFF” position.
All information how can you reset front passenger’s seat belt reminder light is taken from Toyota FJ Cruiser owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset front passenger’s seat belt reminder light Toyota FJ Cruiser. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.