Reset brake system service lights Toyota 2 generation XW20. From year: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
How to reset brake system service lights Toyota Prius second generation XW20.
These lights come on in the following cases when the “IG−ON” mode is enabled.
RED WARNING LIGHT
- When the parking brake is applied.
This light comes on when the “IG−ON” mode is enabled, even after the parking brake is released. If the vehicle speed rises above 5 km/h (3 mph) while the parking brake is applied, a buzzer sounds.
- When the brake fluid level is low.
It is dangerous to continue driving normally when the brake fluid level is low.
YELLOW WARNING LIGHT.
- When the regenerative brake system is fails.
RED OR YELLOW WARNING LIGHT.
- When the hydraulic brake system fails.
When the yellow warning light comes on, it is no problem to continue driving. However, if the red warning light comes on, it indicates a serious problem and you can continue driving no longer.
Have your vehicle checked at your Toyota dealer in the following cases:
- The lights do not come on even if the parking brake is applied when the “READY” light is on.
- The lights do not come on even if the “POWER” switch is pressed with the parking brake released.
A red or yellow warning light turning on briefly during operation does not indicate a problem.
If any of the following conditions occurs, immediately stop your vehicle at a safe place and contact your Toyota dealer.
The red warning light does not turn off even after the parking brake is released while the hybrid system is running.
The red warning light comes on or buzzer sounds continuously.
In either case, this can indicate that the brakes may not work properly and your stopping distance will become longer. Depress the brake pedal firmly and bring the vehicle to an immediate stop.
The brake system warning light remains on together with the “ABS” and “VSC” warning light.
In this case, not only the anti−lock brake system and vehicle stability control system will fail but also the vehicle will become extremely unstable during braking. In the following case, drive directly to the nearest Toyota dealer.
The yellow warning light comes on while driving.
Any of the following conditions may occur, but do not indicate the malfunction:
- The red and yellow warning light may stay on for about 60 seconds after the hybrid system is started. It is normal if it turns off after a while.
- Depressing the brake pedal repeatedly may turn on the red and yellow warning light. It is normal if the light turns off and the buzzer stops sounding after a few seconds.
- You may hear a small sound in the engine compartment after the hybrid system is started or the brake pedal is depressed repeatedly. This is a pump pulsating sound of the brake system, and it is not a malfunction.
- You may hear a motor sound in the engine compartment when the brake pedal is depressed with the hybrid system off.
- The brake pedal stroke may be short when you press the “POWER” switch with the brake pedal depressed.
- You may hear a sound in the engine compartment when the driver’s door is opened or the brake pedal is depressed with the hybrid system turned off. However, this does not indicate any trouble.
- You may hear a sound in the engine compartment after the hybrid system is turned on or off. However, this does not indicate any trouble.
All information how to reset brake system service lights is taken fron Toyota second generation owners manual.
That it is the full procedure how to reset brake system service lights Toyota Prius second generation XW20. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.