Reset ABS service light Toyota 4Runner fourth generation. From year: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
How to reset ABS service light Toyota 4Runner fourth generation.
The light comes on when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position. If the anti-lock brake system and the brake assist system work properly, the light turns off after a few seconds. Thereafter, if either of the systems malfunctions, the light comes on again.
When the “ABS” warning light is on (and the brake system warning light is off), the following systems do not operate, but the brake system still operates conventionally.
- Anti−lock brake system
- Brake assist system
- Traction control system (two−wheel drive models)
- Active traction control system (four−wheel drive models)
- “AUTO LSD” system (two−wheel drive models)
- Vehicle stability control system
- Downhill assist control system (four−wheel drive models)
- Hill−start assist control system
When the “ABS” warning light is on (and the brake system warning light is off), the anti−lock brake system does not operate, so that the wheels will lock up during a sudden braking or braking on slippery road surfaces.
If either of the following conditions occurs, this indicates a malfunction somewhere in the components monitored by the warning light system. Contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible to service the vehicle.
- The light does not come on when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position, or remains on.
- The light comes on while you are driving.
A warning light turning on briefly during operation does not indicate a problem.
Either of the following conditions may occur, but do not indicate a malfunction:
- The light may stay on for about 60 seconds after the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position. It is normal if it turns off after a while.
- Depressing the brake pedal repeatedly may turn on the light. It is normal if it turns off after a few seconds.
That it is the full procedure how to reset ABS service light Toyota 4Runner fourth generation. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change. Or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Toyota cars. Or any warning light for service reminder which appears on the display. Write in the search box the car name for which you want to find information, and find how to reset other service reminders by yourself.
This is an information site where you can solve your car problems. Send us a comment if our procedures are correctly. If you would have anything to add, for us every opinion counts.